Thursday, September 29, 2011

Random questions

Well gosh darn, I know I've said this before, and I'm going to say it again... I wish I could remember half of the things I think of when I run!  Seriously, I'd have some pretty good posts.  My best thinking is done during a run.  Generally I can remember are the thoughts I had about running.  I also come up with random questions while I'm running.  Here are a couple of them (yes, they really are random):

1) While running past a sign that said "waterfront living!" during my long run: why do people always want to live near water so badly?  It makes sense to want to live near water when you actually do something in the water (like swim, boat, fish, etc), but when it's a man-made pond or lake that nobody would want to do anything in, what's the point?  Don't get me wrong, I would love to live waterfront, but I still ask myself why people (including myself) like it so much.

2) Anytime I'm hurting on a run (like during a race/long run/etc.):  Why am I doing this?  No, seriously, why?  I don't HAVE to do it.  It's not like I'm having FUN in the traditional sense.  I mean, feeling like I'm about to throw up isn't really a great feeling.  Thinking that maybe if I hurt myself I'll have an excuse to stop running is probably not the type of thing you should be thinking about during a race.  Of course I always finish, and... I know... I ALWAYS know at the end of each race that I will start looking at how to improve and look at other races and talk about how much I love it (because I do, despite wanting to puke and quit in the middle of the race).  Why is it so addicting?  I don't know.  But it is. I'm pretty sure you HAVE to be addicted to something to go through all of the discomfort, but continue to seek it out, over and over again.  Why do I even feel the need to talk about it so much?  Another question I cannot answer.

3) Okay, this one is a bit unrelated to the other things... Today I saw a man in the store with roses for what I'm guessing was his wife (he had on a wedding ring, so I certainly hope that's who they were for, unless they were for his mother or something).  I think that's the cutest thing when I see that.  More guys should do things like that, ESPECIALLY after marriage when the thrill might be gone and it might get monotonous.  Actually maybe it's better then than any other time because she won't expect it, so she'll get really excited, or wonder if you screwed up.   I bet every other woman in the store was thinking the exact same thing as me too.  Anyway... I got sidetracked and forgot the rest of my thoughts.

Now to wind down with a glass of wine, some cheese, and some studying.  That's a good evening in my book :)

Love,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment