Monday, March 14, 2011

I bought Yaktrax today

This was in order to run on snowy trails again.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term "Yaktrax," they are a type of "snow chains" for your shoes to help give you traction on snowy/icy conditions. Why I didn't think of this sooner, I'm not quite sure.  I'm going to test them out tomorrow.  I miss trail running :(  Though I suspect that running on trails in the snow won't be quite like running on dirt trails in every other condition.  I guess I have experience on that though... The Febapple 50 (10... in my case) was on snowy trails.  It was an interesting experience, and while I'm glad I experienced it, I would rather not do another 10 + mile run on snowy conditions on trails with lots of uphill without some type of traction device.  I fell several times, and at other times, it was just impossible to run up some of those hills in the snow in my bare shoes (despite them being trail shoes...).  I really shouldn't even be awake right now, because I was hoping to get a reasonably early start to tomorrow so I could get my long-run in and still have time to enjoy my day, but I didn't sleep great last night due to several weird dreams, so I ended up sleeping in til about noon today; therefore, at about midnight tonight, I am not very tired.  Okay, I'm getting there... I should probably lie down and read rather than sit here and write, but I was too excited about my new traction devices to sleep.  Well, not really.  I did buy a new book though: Into Thin Air, about one man's ascent (or descent) to (from) Mount Everest.  You've probably heard of it... I've read excerpts of it and saw it at the little bookstore down the road, and I wanted to read it, so I bought it.  Now I need to finish my other book and move onto this one...

I suppose it's time to attempt bed now, or at least bed + books :) 

~Nina

1 comment:

  1. I hope your current weird dreams don't involve plane crashes!!!

    I hope the running on the ice and book go well.

    ReplyDelete