Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thoughts on singledom

I was realizing just a few minutes ago that this is the longest time I have been single since I was a freshman.  It's been about nine months.  I was also realizing that this is the longest period of time I've felt like myself since... well... before I came to this place.  I really don't know if there is any link there.  Probably not a huge one, but there seems to be a bit of correlation.  I actually think the fact that I'm getting more okay with who I am is why I'm happy, not because I'm single.  Being content being single means that I'm just more content with who I am.  Of course, I wasn't looking for anyone the last two times I was in a relationship.  They just kind of happened.

These are just some observations... not to say if something did come along I would mind.  I think I'm probably in a better place now than I ever was the last two times I started relationships.  How can you be happy with someone else when you can't be happy with yourself?  If anyone has ever seen or read ... the movie whose name I can't remember... ugh... Anyways, it's a little more extreme than the average person because the girl is very depressed and suffers from bipolar disorder, anyways, she says when she meets  her boyfriend in the film: "Little does he know that he's going to save me."  Well, the relationship falls apart.  I hope I didn't ruin the movie for anyone, but I suppose if you haven't seen it yet you probably won't because it's an old movie.  I'll put in the name when I can remember :)

This is probably the most open I've been on a public blog, and I have no idea who will read this, but I think the ideas are pretty applicable to most people. 

Now I must stop procrastinating and finish reading these four pages before class... :)

~Nina

3 comments:

  1. Well - being single gives you one less thing to worry about as you graduate. Who knows where you'll be assigned? - this way, you needn't be concerned that someone special may not want to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true, and it is a big part of why I am just enjoying my time here at this point. Though, I do know where I am going :)

    ReplyDelete