Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nothing too profound

I just felt like writing rather than cleaning for a little bit... I think I am coming down with something.  Since my roommate was just sick, I guess it would make sense that I would be getting sick as well.  I got a reasonable amount of sleep last night and slept for two hours this morning, but I still feel icky, and felt pretty terrible upon waking up.  Even my appetite is kind of dead right now... Which, by the way, DOESN'T HAPPEN.  Well, it hasn't completely affected my appetite... I still had some rice noodles and cheese and crackers as an early dinner and hot chocolate/green tea ice cream (yes, I put some green tea ice cream in the hot chocolate, and it's delicious).  I didn't finish the hot chocolate though, and I don't feel like devouring the entire pint of ice cream, which is unusual (though I've had this particular pint for three weeks, so I suppose I might be past that stage of my life in the realm of ice cream... at least for now.)  Now I'm just drinking some Yerba Mate tea to give me some energy to continue with my evening.  I'm trying to cut back on my caffeine consumption, so I've been pretty good about sticking to just tea unless I need an extra boost from coffee or in an energy drink.  I figure they'll help me more if I'm not drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a day and an energy drink in the afternoon. 

 I found out at lunch today that I have to help with the boxing smoker we have here tonight.  Yep, you read it right... I found out about it six hours in advance.   Basically, a bunch of cadets compete for the best boxer.  Turns out they need people to monitor alcohol intake, and they recommend that my position is one of them.  Of course, I all ready HAD plans with my friends, but it's okay... I cancelled them.  Work first, right?  It could be worse, I was just upset about the short notice, but I knew it wasn't really anybody's fault... things change at a level higher than any cadets have control over and we just have to adjust.  I suppose the rest of the Army is this way too, except instead of having to walk down to a boxing smoker last minute for a few hours, you have to go TDY or deploy at a last minute's notice (yes, I recall having to go TDY for a month with a day's notice in Germany).   At least I don't have to be in a uniform, and I suppose it will only be a few hours, and then I hope to go drink away my sorrows.  Just kidding on the drink away my sorrows part... but I may have a couple of drinks pending how I'm feeling.  I HAVE just spent the past 3.5 hours cleaning and reorganizing everything... which, by the way, is a LOT of stuff for this tiny little room.  We have a big inspection on Saturday morning.  I suppose everyone who reads this actually all ready knows that anyways... well, for the few of you who may randomly stumble across this blog some other way besides my Facebook page, once a semester we have a Saturday morning inspection where they check our drawers, look for dust, etc.  Everything has to be very spic and span and look pretty much exactly like a diagram they have for us.  "They" is the institution.  Yes, I intentionally used they as a singular noun... My grammar isn't THAT terrible :)  But this blog is all over the place.. ah... once again, I feel drunk and I haven't had a drink.

Speaking of grammar... that paper I was up until very late working on on Sunday.  I got an A.  Hooray.  And here I thought I was going to get a C...

I suppose I should stop rambling about nothing (haha, it fits with my blog name!!!) and actually get ready for this boxing thing.  Even though it doesn't start for another hour...

~Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment